Character Ed. 101: Princess Thanks Us!

If you read through the previous two BLOG posts, you will learn about our current Character Education project:  providing financial support to an abused dog and moral support to her team of caregivers, in south Simcoe County.

Today Princess the dog's new "mom," Pattie Dawson, took pictures of her with the cards the class made, and with a copy of the Orillia Today article about our class' fund-raising efforts:

Pattie's caption:  "I love looking at my get well cards. Thank you all :)"

Pattie's caption:  "Sleeping like a baby with Jann Arden playing in the back ground! Life is good on another rainy day 🙂 xoxo"

Re:  Canadian singer-songwriter and animal rights activist Jann Arden... A teacher friend of mine named Heather Walton follows Jann on Twitter.  The other night, Jann posted a tweet about animal abuse.  Heather responded by sending Jann a link to the Orillia Today article about our class' fund-raising efforts for Princess.  Jann Arden retweeted that link to all of her Twitter followers.  Now 50,000 more people know that our class stands up against animal abuse, and that even kids can make a difference!

Pattie's caption:  "I received a package in the mail today from Margaret Black's class 🙂 They made the newspaper too and wow they are so great! I can't wait to get to meet each one of you in the new year! Thank you xoxoxo"

If you would like to help with Princess’ medical expenses send a donation to:
Alliston & District Humane Society, P.O. Box 1455, Everett, Ontario, L0M 1J0
For online donations, visit their “Canada Helps” page:

Tax receipts will be issued for donations over $10.00.

Thank you for visiting our class BLOG.  If you have any questions or comments, feel free to e-mail me (Margaret Black):  mblack@mail1.scdsb.on.ca or to add a comment to this page.

1 thought on “Character Ed. 101: Princess Thanks Us!

1. Pingback: Mrs. Black's Class Blog | Curriculum-based Community Service!